25.11.02

BEAMING BEAMING BEAMING OH YES BEAMING
lalalalalala! good times at YIG! actually, SPLENDIFEROUS times! ahh. I have so much to say, where shall I begin?? (at the begining, you dolt) Did I tell you before how much I enjoy a good project? Do you remember my current project? (aka, Vampire Boy) Well, as much as I love a good project, I love winning even more. And that's what this weekend was about! I'm sorry I'm gloating to you guys........but then again, maybe I'm not. I think I'm entitled to gloat here. So here are the juicy details:
When we last left Heidi, she was riding home with Joe in his BMW. Now we join her on the bus on the way to Topeka....
I think I said before that Joe told me to save the seat next to me on the bus for him, and that is just what I did. He & I got to know each other a little bit better on the 1.5 hour drive up there (no, NOT like that. Yet.). We pulled up to the crappiest hotel in Topeka, the Capital Center Inn, and got our room assignments right away. I was rooming with the sweetest girl, Mary Sprouse. I had never met her before, but she & I hit it off right away. Insert boring details here, and fast forward to the good part. At about 5:30 pm on Sunday, everyone arrived back at the hotel from a grueling day of legislature, and boy oh boy were we ready to PAR-TAY! (hee hee) Mary and Vampire Boy (aka Joe for anyone who I'm confusing...) sat next to me during the banquet, and helped me write my speech for President O' The Senate. The speech that I had written was pretty dry and straightforward, so Kyle Meier and Raymond Mallory (and Kelly grrrr) wrote another speech, unbeknownst to me, that was less dry and much less straightforward. It was given spontaneously after I had given my normal speech by the aforementioned boys. Oh, and by the way, I'm probably still conversing in legal jargon so just make a motion and somebody second it to make me cease and desist, k? Anywho, the spontaneous speech was so wonderfully ramdom that I wrote it in a comment on this post, if anyone wants to read it. So after the banquet, I was getting kind of worried because now was the moment of truth, now was the time for me to ensnare Vampire Boy for the night! Things were not looking good until about 11 pm when Mary and I went back down to the dance floor that they had set up for the YIG banquet. Mary and I were already very hyper, having already recieved an infusion of sugar, and so we started dancing crazy....and you all know that I can't dance worth a damn. Except then. wow. at least in my mind, which at the time was probably not functioning at top capacity....
Anywho, it worked, because as we were dancing he asked me to join him in his rom in five or ten minutes. Actually, all he said was "room 422. 5 minutes." And then he left. I danced my victory dance for about 30 seconds, and then bolted for my room to make myself pretty. I could tell you the rest, but......well, let's just say it was a night to remember. (and don't worry, Annie, not fun to the point of being risky...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home