16.5.05

Ressurection! After over a year, I am back. Apparently, the world believes it a wise idea that I journal. Since I abhor my handwriting with a passion akin to that exhibited only by David Hasselhoff fans on New Year's Eve 1989, here I am, at the keyboard again.

I really have nothing [read: way too much] to write. I'll assume that whoever decides to read this knows the basics:

*I'm in college now--Colorado College in Colorado Springs, to be meticulously precise
*I no longer endure the tyrrany of my parents on a daily basis (although as summer approaches and college ends, that may change somewhat)
*I've been through the strangest voyage of self-discovery this year, shipwrecked several times, but always salvaged
*I've changed. A lot.

Of course, my favorite part of journaling has never been the writing--I've always much prefered to shop for pretty books, hand-bound with beads and string, and interesting pens to write with. As for the digital version, I still find myself messing with templates and fonts.

"I've been told that everyone has their own font, and I should get one, too." --David Sedaris

When it comes to the thoughts, I find myself fighting not to let my thoughts be censored for my intended audience. Hard, though, considering the wide range of people who may or may not still be subscribers to this digital testimonial of my late teens.

I'll leave the determination of my audience up to the mystical ether that is the internet (with a few select invites from me) and try my best to forget who may be reading this. After all, this is supposed to be for my own sanity, perhaps with a discrete nod to posterity.


Comment though, dammit. You know how much I love mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home