18.3.04

15 days until PR arrives! She comes on the day that my Onion calendar spouts an article headlined "Epidemic of YTD (Youthful Tendency Disorder) Strikes US Youth." Ha-ha-how appropriate, for we will indeed be struck on that day with two severe cases of YTD. Elated I am.
Until then, I have an enormous amount of work to complete. Strangely, I am motivated...I have a goal (graduate High School, stop failing Calculus) and a deadline (April 2nd), and I have a plan (calculus tutor 2x a week, take notes in class, practice 1 hr/nite)--thus, apparently, I have motivation. It seems possible, and that feels so good. Plus, the tutor & I meet at Starbucks. She is a hip 20-something training to be a math teacher, but she'll never get there. She's too cool to be cloistered in a public school in Georgia.
I will be an industrious student.
I will act like a mature adult.
I will have good ideas and participate in class.
....
I will be no fun (?!).

NO! I can do this. I can be a mature, responsible studentperson and still retain my ME. I can still do crazy things in my art notebook, still sing to myself until it annoys someone, still break dress code at least 3 times a week, and still spout off seemingly random phrases that make an alarming amount of sense, though not in the context of the conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home