27.2.04

I saw my heart yesterday. There it was, red and blue and thumping. I could even hear it--it sounded a lot different thatn I thought it would. It made a funny kind of whistling sound, almost. Huh. The jelly that they used for the EKG was cold and sticky though....I can't wait because they record the readings on a videotape and send it to you in the mail if you want them to...My mom, on the other hand, was quietly afraid, for some reason. She said that it worried her to see my heart up there on the screen. She said that she was afraid because she didn't know what all of the numbers and readings meant and so she couldn't tell if there was anyhting wrong or not. I reminded her that it was a good thing to see my heart up on the screen: at least we know that I have one. Then I made cornbread muffins.

In retrospect, I wish I could have gotten the hiccupps during the EKG. I would have loved to see what hiccupps look like from the inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home