15.1.04

An 80s musician ( or his pop persona, I can't remember which) one wisely noted, "Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!"
And so there have been a few--To the blog, and the writer. I am finally coming to terms with losing my comfort zone (after almost 6 months), which has opened my eyes to many new things. Like the fact that I have morphed into this highly logical yet joyfully simplistic person. I have taken up some of my old hobbies, too: beadwork, drawing, collage, and Deep Thinking. Music, which was an obsession for the last 6 months, has once again fled to the wings--for I have finally become comfortable with my new niche in the world.
This does not mean that I like where--and who--I am. It only means that the phantom limb-type pains caused by my transplantation have become more like a dull (yet constant) throbbing in my head. But at this point, I have come far enough to question if I would, given the chance, return to where (physically, emotionally, mentally) I was 6 months ago. The traveler is walking on.
Like everyone else, I enjoy feeling a sense of belonging. Thus, I am thrilled to find comments on my site or emails in my inbox. But I cannot guarantee continuity. Some days it will seem as if a completely different person is writing (in some ways, I guess it is). I wonder how they distinguish the difference between severe mood swings and multiple personality disorder?
So it goes.
" Pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding."
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
"If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with!" --CSNY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home