16.11.03

Am a horrible slacker. I have spent all day in fear of the blank page in front of me. Let's take a look at the numbers: 12 days until thanksgiving. 10 days until relatives arrive. 9 schools, 8 common applications, 7 essays, 6 pre-application supplements, 5 hours alone to work, 4 short answer questions, 3 cans of diet coke (so far), 2 great mix cds made (helpless against the distraction of Kazaa), 1 applicant.
I am writing my main essay about what moving so much has taught me...I'm trying very hard not to be trite, but the one thing I am really good at is telling people exactly what they want to hear, so I end up sounding like a stupid git with too much motivation. I just want to be genuine, but I'm afraid of doing that and then having my mom, dad, and Aunt Lisa (ex-admissions officer at Gettysburg College) read it.
Susan, can I borrow your brain?
I need to be able to write well for about 3 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home