19.11.03

Aujord'hui, in Bio, I found a facinating and disturbing new interest: Viruses. I must have some sort of new-age disorder, but I love viruses. They are perfect and exquisitely beautiful examples of nature's power. Their MO is not neccessarily to destroy, but to simply replicate and pass on their genetic information. They cannot move, reproduce, or function on their own--it is even debated if they are trully alive--yet throughout eons, they have repelled evolutionary change simply by nature of their inherent and simplistic perfection. I sit in class, hearing Mr. Kuhn drone on and on about bacteriophages and capsids and instead of being in class, I find myself watching an Ebola Marburg strain ravage the complex inner workings of a body...
There is an unexpected beauty in the harshness of nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home