23.2.06

Funny how everything falls apart at once. Writing here again is one of those "constructive" things that mom keeps talking about I should be doing, but I'm pretty sure she would disagree with my timing, considering I should be in class right now. At the risk of being hopelessly depressing and with no aim other than the comfort that comes with writing it, I present a list. A list of the shit that has hit the fan or has the potential to do the same.

The List of Woes and More Minor Annoyances:
A. I got in trouble at work for having missed a shift...this has the potential to be bad, but not fatal. I'll just have to smooth it all out when I work today.
B. Baba is in the hospital. He broke his hip yesterday and is going through surgery as I type. This means he'll be in a nursing home for probably the rest of his days. It's hard to think about this strong, amazing man in a hospital bed.
C. Stress about WTF I'm doing this summer. Kansas, Colorado, Georgia? I know what I want to do, but the responsible (financially, emotionally, and career-minded) thing to do might be dreadfully different.
D. I got way too drunk last night, and have quite the moral hangover this morning. I can only pray that I didn't run into any RAs last night on my way into bed. That, and I really feel bad about strangers having to take care of me. I don't even know the name of the girl who held my hair back.
E. While I love working with the fifth graders in conjunction with my Power of the Arts in Education course, it's significantly depressing. We did an activity about art and emotions yesterday and some of the kids were clearly in a very bad place emotionally. The teacher didn't help lighten the mood either when he pointed out to me which kids are abused, whose mom is a crack whore, and who lives with their grandparents because their mom and dad are in jail.
F. I have to wait three more weeks to see the man that I want next to me right now.
G. Sorority girls hate me (that might actually be a good thing, I don't know).
H. Money sucks when you don't have it.
I. My toothbrush got smushed and it won't straighten itself out. It's been three days now and it still looks as deflated as my attitude towards the world.

Well. That was depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home