1.7.03

Well I never!
That's what I keep telling my computer each time I walk past it's blank face. My sister left it on during one of those mongo summer storms and a power surge made it a very unhappy pc. So, I have been computerless for weeks now. GRRRRR! So I believe a quite lengthy update is in order!

ON BOYS:
Summer has produced unprecedented opportunities for bringing school-year flirtations to fruition. Among the more exciting events:
Having William (MHS) over to teach me guitar, which ended abruptly with a large thunderstorm and power-outage, causing us to turn to other activities which were NOT hampered by darkness (ooh la la!),
Taylor & I went swing dancing, and watched some more of his movies (zzzz....SNORK!), but he has kind of gone by the wayside recently because of conflicting schedules,
A brief and disturbing fling with Adrian Torres, who is a great guy but waaaaay too clingy(he still calls 2-3 times a day...),
and (!!!) an upcoming visit with Sandy, who has many exciting things planned for us to do, including horseback riding in the desert (at dusk!), going to a swing dance club, waterparks, and paintballing (woohoo!). I leave on Thursday and get back on Monday evening. Still, call me if you think of it because I love hearing my phone ring. It makes me feel loved. (913)481-9877.
I have David's email address burning a hole in my pocket, but I don't know what to say to him...I'll figure something out. Suggestions requested.
Eric and I have made lots of plans for getting together this summer, but none have ever worked out. I have al but given up on him, sadly.

ON WORK:
Sheridan's is more fun than ever now that I know everyone and have the experience to be an able employee and not just a peon. Surprisingly enough, I am not even remotely tired of eating frozen custard. If anything, I am more heavily addicted to it now than I was before I worked there.
The International Relations Council internship that I landed has been just as glamourous as I thought it would be, and twice as boring. There's not much to do past dressing professionally and walking around downtown looking young and important.
One thing about working: you get paid! I usually forget about this when I am actually working, so that when my paychecks come it's like an unexpected gift from a long-forgotten relative, except that it is always EXACTLY what I wanted! So after much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that work is good.
And taxes are evil.

ON LEAVING:
The threat of leaving hangs over me daily like the Sword Of Damascus. I cannot think that school starts in a little over a month, at which time I will no longer be at home here in Kansas City. This is the part of moving that I hate the most: saying goodbye to everyone (and everything). Whenever I see someone I know, I have this nagging knot in the pit of my stomach because I know that this is quite probably the last time I will see them ever again. It's really sad. Same goes for places, too. Like last night, I went to Salty Iguana and wondered when I would be back there. It's just really depressing...I wish there were some way that I could properly say goodbye to everyone, because I am so afraid of just up and leaving without any closure. Mom told me yesterday that we wouldn't be having our usual going-away bash, so I can't invite everyone to that, and everything is just up in the air right now...and time is slipping away at an alarming rate. I'm gone for the last two weeks of July (19-31) and this Thursday I leave for Phoenix, and I work Mon-Wed-Fri for IRC. Moving day is August 4th, and school starts on the 11th. UGH!!!!! I miss everybody already. Usually, the melencholy doesn't set in this early, but this is the first city that I really regret leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home