12.1.07

What an amazing thing. I've been secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) sulking for the past few weeks, thinking about how much I'm going to loathe being back at CC, but now that I'm here, several things have fallen into place that promise to make this semester not only bearable, but perhaps even fun. Problems seem to resolve themselves in an unforseeable way sometimes.

One of the things I was most upset about was returning to the increasingly more frustrating social scene here. It's hard not to pine for Kansas and Atlanta when I feel that I lack more than one true friend here (who is usually preoccupied by her other friends) and that I have a wonderful overabundance of friends elsewhere. Interestingly enough, I don't think I'll mind the decreased amount of interaction this semester. I am really looking forward to the killer classes and heavy extracurricular load I've scheduled, and I forgot how much fun it is to have free time alone. I am thrilled to resurrect my childhood passion for reading for several hours at a stretch, alone and absorbed entirely by a book. Not to say I won't party and be social, but I'll probably only attend the requisite events this time around.

Keeping busy is probably the most essential requirement to my happiness, and I definitely have that covered this semester. I was just named managing editor of the school paper, and since the paper's new power structure is still in its infancy, I'll be filling in the blanks for a while on the job description. Also ahead are my most challenging classes yet, and a new era at the ITS Help Desk as I train the newbs and help the office move to our new (quite swanky) headquarters. The straw that broke the camel's back is going to be my exercise routine, which I am resolving to stick to, even though both the treadmill and I both know that I'm deluding myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home