14.1.07

You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and...de-icing trucks. Eric is still stuck at the Kansas City airport, which apart from being in the running for The Most Boring Airport Ever award, now means that he will miss at least the first amazing day of his study abroad program. I deeply sympathize, having spent 18 hours in an airport on Christmas Eve. The weather this winter can bite me! It's currently 5 degrees, and last night it was -5 . I woke up this morning having dreamt of spring sunshine and flowering trees only to realize that it was because the glare from the snow was too bright to ignore even while unconscious.

I do very much enjoy my radiator in this weather though. There is something about radiators that makes them the best kind of heating on a really cold winter night. They are such a reassuring presence in any room, like coiled benevolence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Sounds like I just got out just in time!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home