17.1.07

Compared to everyone else's life right now, mine is hardly what you would call fascinating, although I'm quite content. I like the way campus is quiet without everyone here yet-and this is one of those times I want it quiet. With so many friends gone, it has become a week of reconnecting with myself as I exist when I am alone. I'm halfway through a good novel (The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova), have been reading everyone's blogs, and doing little things that need to be done (like Christmas thank you notes). I'm delighted to discover that I still truly enjoy solitary hours with a good book or a project. Armed with this knowledge, I'm eager for classes to begin again, for friends to call--I'll be just that much more appreciative of my alone time then. In the meantime, I'll muse on what adventures I find in my books and read about on friends' blogs. I think I will resurrect true letter writing (I love stationery) so if you feel inclined to do so, email me your addresses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Yes Heidi, your life is so uninteresting compared to mine. Wait, no, our lives are the same except mine is in Spain.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home