23.1.07

It's feast or famine, I tell you. I was making the best of being bored last week, and now I'm riding the wave of a blissfully busy schedule. I may be insane, but I really enjoy having something to do every minute of the day, and then relaxing alone in the evening. This block I'm in a lab class--Biology of Invertebrates--and that takes up five hours of my day. Then I'm breaking in my shiny new Managing Editor position this week, along with the usual rigamarole at the ITS Help Desk. Managing Editor is the perfect position for me, since the reason that I quit last year was because the people in power were making terrifically terrible decisions and had no concept of management. This year, I have a direct influence on those things that before I could not change. My unofficial title around the newsroom is "main ball-buster." While I'm not a meanie, I like holding the section editors to a higher standard than they are used to--it results in a better paper all around. We've promoted some good people, and I'm looking forward to being a part of something that I actually have the power to make better.

I'm sitting in Wooglin's, the cafe down the street from campus (susan, eric, and ryan will remember this place), and I have meetings here this afternoon until they close at ten.
Most people groan for me when I tell them something like this, but it's exciting for me. I can't wait to meet all of my section editors! This enthusiasm for long hours and drudgery bodes well for my future in the business world, I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

How goes the new job? Implementing anything exciting?

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home