29.1.07

My legs are so sore! I went winter hiking yesterday with some friends in Green Mountain Falls. What usually is about a 30 minute hike in the spring or summer took us a good hour and a half in the deep snow. There were several frozen waterfalls where you could see tons of ice (literally thousands of pounds, I'm sure) and still hear the water rushing by underneath. It was a beautiful hike, and I think we're going to hike the reservoir north of Woodland Park next weekend.

I also saw Pan's Labyrinth this past weekend, and it was fabulous but scary. Despite Rolling Stone's profession that this is a "film for all ages, as long as they're open to gothic twists that scare them senseless," I had trouble getting to sleep that night and I would definitely not take my sister. All of the real violence was particularly macabre, and the fairytale parts were something out of Grimm's worst nightmares. The plot was surprisingly well-developed and the fantasy blended well with the real-world evil. All in all it was visually stunning and well worth the price of a ticket. Just be sure you do something lighthearted before trying to sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

yeah, I just have to find my camera cord...

9:41 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I definitely can relate to the sore legs. My walk to class every morning is equivalent to a commute. Also, Pan's Labyrinth was totally made by a Spanish director. If that's not synergy I don't know what is.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home