20.1.03

I am a wimpy dodge-ball target! I am scared at the prospect of having to go under the knife for my inflamed tonsils, and I don't even know if my tonsils are the problem!!! I go to the doc today at 3 to see why I am still sick. I was fine from about friday afternoon until last night, but today I woke up with 101 again. I wish I would heal. How powerful is the power of suggestion? Everyone says "don't underestimate the power of suggestion," but then they never elaborate on that advice. So I am asking now, how powerful is it? Could I sit for an hour chanting "heal, heal, HEAL!" in manner of scary swami person with third eye and be all better? hmmm. I spent this morning reading my Princeton Review Big Book O' Colleges You Can't Get Into. Six of the Eight colleges on my list are in the top 10 most difficult schools to get into. The book was very funny in the back though. All of the random stuff that the students put on their Princeton Review surveys was quoted in the back. I like Juan M.'s take on his school: "Getting an education from MIT is like getting a drink from a firehose."
"My life here is as the torrential rains
of Dhamer upon the Yaktong Valley.
I bleat like a llama shedding out of season."
--Ronald M., on social life in college.
I would like to meet this Ronald.

By the way, my internet almost always feels tired with a happy face. This gives me the perhaps undeserved notion that if one is tired, one must keep a smile on one's face. Does this make me a Whiny Pout if I don't expend the extra energy for a smiley face when wiped out??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home